- Walk-in (appt only) FDM 3D printing service: £10/hour. No setup charges. Includes PLA material.
- Off-site pro level 3D printing
- Walk-in (appt only) consultation service: £1/min. No minimums. We can turn your ideas/sketches into files that we can run through our machines or advise you how best to progress with your own designs and models.
Where possible, please contact us via email ahead of time so that we can ensure that a member of staff will be free to attend to you when you arrive.
- Ultimaker 2 [FDM]: These satisfy more than 95% of the printing requests made, and offer excellent value.
- Zmorph (FDM)
- Projet 660 Pro: £1.45/cm3. Our most popular off site option, full colour plaster prints with a 3 day turnaround.
- Several other sizeable machines offering prints in SLA, MJM, SLS and Castable Wax, all priced by volume, depending on process.
- PLA (Faberdashery): We print using Faberdashery's wonderful range of PLA in their full range of colours. We do not print using ABS or Flexible filament.
- Bronzefill, Copperfill, Woodfill (ColorFabb): With an addition £1.50 surcharge for each meter of filament used.
We can get jobs done usually within 5 business days. However, if your job is urgent, we can prioritise it to be completed within 1-2 business days (or even same day, subject to availability).
Email your 3D models in STL format to email@example.com. We cannot accept any 3D files that are not STL format.
If you are not in a position to provide us with 3D print-ready files, we can help you out with our consultation service. We charge £1/min for this service, where we can sit down with you and turn your ideas/sketches into files that we can run through our machines.
- While not yet automated online, our 3D Printing service does offer the personal touch, as ever request is handled by one of our 3D specialists who will be more than happy to give you prompt feedback on your models.
- If there are any issues that might hinder the quality of the final print, or ways to adjust the geometry to ensure a better, cheaper print, these will all be relayed back to you before anything is printed. We believe this gives a superior service.
- If you do need to produce a print using an alternative 3D Printing technology, we are able to have your parts made in SLS, SLA and MJM machines. This each have their own costs, which are priced on application.
- At the end of a consultation, any 3D models or concepts we generate for you, are yours - you can do whatever you would like with them, print them as many times as you like.
- We are also able to work on sensitive projects that require NDAs, or produce them in facilities that are not open to the public.
Things they can help you do:
- Turn sketches into 3D models that are print ready.
- Advise on the feasibility of a concept, with regards to actually making it.
- Help optimised complex designs for manufacture on 3D Printers.
- Educate an individual or group on a wide range of 3D Modelling and Printing aspects.
- Produce a replica of a broken part.
- Create a part to solve a particular problem or to fit a specific device.
- Advise on the differences between design for manufacture on 3D Printers and Mass Manufacture techniques.
- Advise on material choices and where other manufacturing methods, such as Laser Cutting or CNC, may be appropriate.